Flight Scholarship Program
IAPG has established an annual flight scholarship in the amount of $2,500 per year to encourage young people to begin aviation certification on a path toward becoming a certificated FAA Private Pilot.
- Students ages 16 through 24 seeking an FAA Private Pilot Certification;
- Possess a third class or higher medical certificate;
- Take training at an Iowa community college, university, or approved Iowa Flight School which includes FBOs and individual instructors who meet insurance requirements.
- Application period December 1st through April 15 of the following year, with scholarships awarded on or about May 1st;
- Training must be completed within 24 months of the scholarship award.
The training provider will invoice the IAPG scholarship program for student expenses incurred for aircraft rental, ground, and flight instruction. IAPG will pay the instruction provider up to the scholarship limit of $2,500.
A three-member panel of IAPG Directors will serve as a Committee of Trustees to review the program and make administrative decisions as needed including selecting an individual for the annual scholarship award.
Applicants will submit these documents:
- The completed scholarship application;
- A letter to the Committee of Trustees explaining applicant’s flight career goals and plans to attain them;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Copy of FAA medical certification.
The awardee will be furnished with a certificate of award and instructions for invoicing IAPG and reimbursement to the training provider.